My name is Marina. I came to Canada in 1998, and have been living in Montreal ever since. All my life I have been fascinated with craft-making. I have been making all sorts of crafts for as long as I can remember – dolls clothes, knitting accessories, embroidery of all sorts, including silk ribbons and Hardanger.
In 2010, I became passionate about quilting. Over years, this passion together with scrupulous work has led me to some recognizable achievements in the quilting circles. In the past four years, I have participated in many prestigious competitions and exhibitions, my quilts were highly prized and awarder various merits by the jury and/or the public. Below is the list of the prizes that I have won
- First place in JN Harper challenge (CQQ Exhibit 2012)
- Viewer’s choice at West Island Quilter’s Quilt Show 2013
- Third place in the category “Quilted on domestic machine” at CQQ Exhibit 2014
- Ribbons at Vermont Quilt Festival 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- “The Garden Of My Dreams” quilt was proudly exhibited at the American Quilter’s Society Quilt Show 2013 in Des Moines, Iowa
- First place and the “Exceptional Merit” ribbon at CQQ Exhibit 2016 for the “Turtle Doves” quilt
- Second place ribbon at Vermont Quilt Festival 2016
In addition to working on my own quilting projects, I have also shared my expertise with others by teaching classes on needleturn appliqué and free-motion quilting at
Courtepointe Claire, Laval from 2012 to 2016.